Speaker Nancy Pelosi Abuses Power Calling for a Probe of Persons Opposing The Mosque
* I cannot believe that Speaker Nancy Pelosi is calling for an investigation in funding of the mosque opponents (“Pelosi’s Poison,” Editorial, Aug. 19).
If anyone started a political firestorm, it was President Obama — who, when addressing a Muslim group, said that the mosque should be built as a matter of religious freedom. Then he backtracked the next day, when he realized the uproar that this caused.
Will Pelosi also investigate her Senate counterpart, Harry Reid, who said it should not be built?
* What does diva Pelosi expect to find about the funding of the opponents of the mosque?
She is so panicked by the pending loss of her political power that she thinks an investigation will find right-wing political activists at the root of this firestorm, rather than outraged 9/11 survivors.
Pelosi proves the maxim: Power corrupts. She has to go.
* Pelosi’s call for an investigation demonstrates how the ruling elitists are completely out of touch with the American people.
They trust Imam Fasial Abdul Rauf’s dubious motives and funding sources more than they trust the people they would presume to represent.
It’s no wonder only 23 percent of the electorate believe that Washington is operating with the consent of the governed. Washington has shown nothing but disdain for the goverened.
* I’d better be careful. Since I am an opponent of the Ground Zero mosque, Pelosi will be investigating me.
She, like Mayor Bloomberg, seems to have forgotten the First Amendment — which gives me, and all who oppose the mosque, freedom of speech.
* Cindy Sheehan traveled across the country to protest the Iraq War. Not once did Pelosi ever suggest that there should be an investigation to see how she was paying for it.